Sunday, July 17, 2016

Organizing makeup with the Z-palette


My makeup organizer was overflowing with pressed powders, palettes, and those tiny beauty subscription samples. Plus I felt that digging around for one compact for face powder, another one for bronzer, and yet another one for eyeshadow was an inefficient way to get ready in the morning. So I decided to "de-pot" all of the makeup and combine them into one large palette.


I picked up the large Z-palette from Sephora and just followed the instructions that came with it.  I must admit that I was at first skeptical about the "flat iron method" of de-potting the powder pans, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how easy (once the glue was softened by the heat, each pan popped out with minimal effort) and effective it was.  I then used rubbing alcohol to clean off any remaining glue residue from underneath the pans.  Most of the pans were magnetic metal, so they easily attached to the magnetic Z-palett base. For the aluminum/non-magnetic pans, the Z-palette came with magnetic stickers to attach to the bottoms of those pans.


I'm quite pleased at how I was able to consolidate all of this stuff into a more space-efficient streamlined palette that's customized for me.  (I have the pallet pictured above with one of the tiny shadow samples to give a sense of scale.)

No comments:

Post a Comment