Sunday, August 5, 2018

DIY Minnie Mouse luggage



I have coveted a red suitcase for the past 8+ years because it’s eye-catching, feminine, and it’s one of my favorite colors. But I never got one because my current blue set from Revo is still in great condition, and because when I purchased it on sale at Macy’s 7 years ago, there were ZERO red ones on sale. But now that my son has outgrown his kiddie luggage, he wants my blue 20” suitcase.  So I guess it’s time to buy myself a new 20” suitcase!

The one that caught my eye is the polka dotted Minnie Mouse 21” suitcase from American Tourister, but it retails for $99.95 on ShopDisney.com and $220 on Macys.com, and ranges between $79-$139 on Amazon.com.
However Macys.com has a 20” soft-sided spinner by Revo that retails for $160 but is currently 50% off ($80), AND with an additional 20% off coupon it’s just $64 with free shipping!  Every little bit of savings counts, so I jumped on that deal and purchased it this afternoon.  And since I love to DIY things, it gives me an opportunity to have fun custom decorating my new suitcase.


And with just a little bit of white fabric paint and Cricut-made stencils, my plan is to turn that plain red suitcase into a Minnie Mouse suitcase that rocks the dots.  Below is a digital rendering of what I plan to make.  I'll post an updated photo of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment